The Tragedy in Jacksonville, and Vanessa Carlton’s Bizarre Cosigning of It
Vanessa Carlton might not have done her due diligence when she gave a response to her recent critics, after clearing “A Thousand Miles” sample for a real -life war anthem making several Florida mothers cry.
- Before he was shot and killed by LASD in 2019, Ryan “Benzo” Twyman was a beloved member of West Side Piru (Compton, CA), and earned the name “KillaStarver” -a diss towards Carver Park Crips. There are rumors he had previously got away with murders, including some Barrio13’s who stole his mothers carby /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 17th May 2023 at 1:35 pm
- Tyson Bell (SmacShit from Rolling 90s NHC) got 32 years in state prison for killing Tsuppa from 74 Hoover Criminals. Tsuppa was a reputable factor in 74HCG and is dissed by his enemies to this day. Smacshit went on IG live and bragged about killing him immediately afterwards. (Links under slides)by /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 15th May 2023 at 1:47 pm
- Michael “King Merlin” Cecchetelli (Genovese Associate / Inca of the East Coast Latin Kings 👑) is an unorthodox organized crime boss from Springfield, Mass. He is also a semi-accomplished author of “grimoires” , which are magical texts.by /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 30th April 2023 at 2:45 pm
- Richard “Babyface” Jameswhite. Flatbush, Brooklyn 1993. After losing his brother Glester in 1991 he went on a deadly revenge tour, he was one of the most feared teenagers in Brooklyn at the time. Earned the name babyface for looking 12/13 years old as a 19 year old.by /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 12th April 2023 at 8:15 pm
- Jacksonville always has and always will be the deadliest city in Florida I mean body for body this is for the oh y’all wanna be baby Chicagoby /u/biggangstatwin on 30th March 2023 at 5:02 pm
- Late Minneapolis gang leader Tyrone “Crack” Washington. He once said “I’m more powerful than the cops! I run this city!” and was once charged with terroristic threats for threatening to kill police officers. He was gunned down by rival gang members in a nightclub just after Yo Gotti was performing.by /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 19th February 2023 at 11:53 pm
- Jacksonville serial killer “gator cab strangler”by /u/biggangstatwin on 6th February 2023 at 5:02 pm
Is this gang member’s Halloween costume a rival’s dead body? 600 vs 051 Young Money in Chicago
A member of 051 Young Money in Chicago disses his deceased rival by mocking the circumstances of his murder.Keep reading
Mieyoshi “Lit Yoshi” Edwards Arrested for Shootings That Injured Kids
Baton Rouge rapper and Fredo Bang affiliate Mieyoshi “Lit Yoshi” Edwards was arrested in his hometown recently, accused of two shootings that injured five people (including two children).Keep reading
King Von is an Alleged Woman-Killer with a Buzzing Rap Career
Before his now successful rap career, King Von was proud of his gun-slinging.Keep reading
The Richmond TV Fairy: Virginia’s Strangest Criminal Case
This is the true story of the Richmond TV fairy, one of the most bizarre “criminals” to strike Virginia in recent times. Over 70 people have been inconvenienced since 2018.Keep reading
Updated: Lil Durk & King Von Atlanta Incident (All the Details)
Unfortunate circumstances for Lil Durk, King Von and Bay Zoo: All continue to face serious charges for a shooting in Midtown Atlanta.Keep reading
051 Rose is an Enforcer-Turned-Rapper
In Chicago drill culture, fans fascinate over not only the rap stars, but also the “enforcers” and figures behind the scenes. Artists like 051 Rosé have been on both sides of the spectrum.Keep reading
The Communities Keeping Drill Music Alive Ft. Reddit
With the recent successes of artists like Fivio Foreign and Pop Smoke, the drill subculture of rap music is seeing a major upswing. Read more about how you can tap in to the underground world of 2020 “gangster rap” that is Drill.Keep reading
Who is Squiidape? One of The Most Followed Chicago Drill Outlets is a French Collective
For years now, the curiously named “Squiidape” blog has been a dominating news source for the french drill fans out there, represented by a handful of young France-based men who are obviously some of the biggest appreciators of the music.Keep reading
Chicago Rapper Twhy Should Have Been a Star
A victim of a gang feud, It took his murder at 19 years old for the world to find talented Chicago rapper Twhy.Keep reading
R.I.P. Nick Blixky – A Summary of his Career and Dramas
The Blixky’s recently lost beloved member Nickalus “Nick Blixky” Thompson – to much heartbreak from 22Gz and company. This is what he had going on before his tragic death at 21.Keep reading
051 Drilla is The Most Dangerous Chicago Rapper
Andre “Drilla” Hamilton (of 051 Young Money) has been making noise in Chicago long before his music career took off in 2018. In 2020, Drilla has the fan base to prove his age-old reputation.Keep reading
Failed Kidnapping Aftermath in Kentucky Gets Little Media Coverage
An alleged failed kidnapping in Lexington, Kentucky is making the rounds on Reddit recently after a video circulated showing a frantic young girl being assisted with removing tape from her hands and head in the middle of a street.Keep reading
30+ Intense Videos of The George Floyd Riots
WeaponsG.com has compiled more than 30 videos from Twitter users highlighting the magnitude of George Floyd riots in America.Keep reading
Lit Yoshi is a Terrifying Louisiana Rap Prospect
Fredo Bang continues to make noise in the rap game, but one of his partners is also coming up fast now. Mieyoshi “Lit Yoshi” Edwards is a Baton Rouge native and original TBG member just like Fredo, and he holds a similar amount of street-level influence (if not more).Keep reading
Gang Member Unknowingly Exposes Self as Federal Informant During Court Livestream
An alleged member of the Latino Chicago gang “Two Six” recently appeared for a digital court date over Zoom and exposed himself as a federal informant on the livestream. The judge among others quickly caught the man and gave him a stern notice that his court date was being broadcast on YouTube.Keep reading
Rappers Doing Whippits: More About Young Thug’s New Drug of Choice
Young Thug and the YSL crew are just a few of the rappers doing whippits lately, and fans are divided between upset and defensive regarding the new trend.Keep reading
Tianeptine is a Strong Opioid-Like Drug That’s Legal All Over the US
Tianeptine is an unusual antidepressant with opioid activity that Michigan outlawed and Alabama is about to. Find out more about this widely available and addictive drug that even methadone therapy competes with on WeaponsG.com.Keep reading
Perc 30s: How the Fentanyl Epidemic is Gripping Rappers and Gangsters
WeaponsG.com dives deep into the presence of “perc 30s” and fentanyl in rap music: Lean and pills are compared dose-to-dose, and we explore just how often “percs” are not Percocets at all (+ much more).Keep reading
What is UrbanTrueCrime?
UrbanTrueCrime.com is a cutting edge and objective news source for urban crime in America. Giving you a direct insight into gang conflicts, drill culture, police corruption, and so on.
A specific goal for our content is to publicize the lesser-publicized. Coverage of things like criminal underworld stories, biographies on lesser known underworld figures/gangsters, and revisiting lesser known and forgotten cases.
Fans of A&E ‘s “The First 48”, this is the publication for you.
Who made UrbanTrueCrime.com? And who is operating / posting?
UrbanTrueCrime.com is entirely my brainchild – J. Chalupiak of Saskatchewan, Canada. I am an aspiring journalist and have been writing non-fiction for much of my life, and particularly begun specializing in urban true-crime in ~ 2017.
As of now, I am the sole owner-operator of the site.
What does the site post about?
UrbanTrueCrime.com launched originally in 2019 as Weapons Grade Viral Media (WeaponsG.com, a domain that still leads here), with intentions to cover primarily drill related content. We were also a source for hip-hop news, new rap videos, and breaking current events + pop culture.
In 2021, the rebrand from Weapons Grade Viral Media to UrbanTrueCrime.com was initiated and finalized. We always prioritized credibility, which is more relevant now that we are a genuine digital news publication (rather than a blog).
Where do you source your content?
Aside rom resident research and analysis, the Submit page is the channel in place for readers to send in stories, requests, information, comments, questions or anything of that nature.
Does UrbanTrueCrime.com have a code of ethics?
Among the subject matters dealt with on this publication are: poverty, gang violence, black on black violence, racial violence. These are difficult issues to cover and monetize ethically.
We are “competitors” to sites that share a lot of graphic content (fights, knock-outs on the street, videos of muggings and shootings etc.) and while that content is easy to host and nets clicks, UrbanTrueCrime.com is trying hard not to represent that negativity in the culture as we portray it. We are an objective outlet for urban true crime stories- a haven for fair journalism, and a publication with an overall goal of challenging the societal norms within urban culture that lead to the demise of far too many men, women and children in the hood.
Where is UrbanTrueCrime.com based?
The prairies, Canada.