Drakeo the Ruler was stabbed to death at a music festival he headlined in December 2021, and almost everyone thinks they who know was (allegedly) behind it.
- 4Xtra from Rolling 40s NHC is the ultimate embodiment of an LA gangbanger 😂 (From Cam Capone’s interview about his fight with Jap5)by /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 21st November 2023 at 6:26 am
- Sam “brother beyah” Christian 🕊 in the middle founder of the Philly black mafia and former Capitan of NOI mosque number 12. He is considered one of the most Violent gangsters in Philly history killing at least 7 people. Some of his most famous hits include killing kingpins major coxson and “Fat ty”.by /u/Exact-Commercial-978 on 27th August 2023 at 5:52 am
- Terrance “Gangsta” Williams claims to have walked free from a life sentence because he “closed cold cases” and “told on dead people”. The reality is that in the feds, “substantial assistance” requires convictions/guilty pleas as a result of cooperation. He did much more than tell on dead peopleby /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 2nd July 2023 at 12:13 pm
- From the archives: RIP Konrad “Snapz” Hudyka (19)🕊 He was a polish kid born to a loving household but raised in a violent Latino community in Chicago. in 2020 he was shot and killed by a roommate. He had been an active member of an Archer Heights gang called “OTP 500”by /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 14th June 2023 at 10:17 pm
- From the archives: Christopher “C-Money” Jackson from Chicago (1995-2018). Was a notorious hitman for a large East side gang called “NLMB” and his violent reputation earned him the nickname “Mad Maxx”. Check captions for context + sourcesby /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 14th June 2023 at 10:12 pm
A member of 051 Young Money in Chicago disses his deceased rival by mocking the circumstances of his murder.Keep reading
Baton Rouge rapper and Fredo Bang affiliate Mieyoshi “Lit Yoshi” Edwards was arrested in his hometown recently, accused of two shootings that injured five people (including two children).Keep reading
Before his now successful rap career, King Von was proud of his gun-slinging.Keep reading
This is the true story of the Richmond TV fairy, one of the most bizarre “criminals” to strike Virginia in recent times. Over 70 people have been inconvenienced since 2018.Keep reading
Unfortunate circumstances for Lil Durk, King Von and Bay Zoo: All continue to face serious charges for a shooting in Midtown Atlanta.Keep reading
With the recent successes of artists like Fivio Foreign and Pop Smoke, the drill subculture of rap music is seeing a major upswing. Read more about how you can tap in to the underground world of 2020 “gangster rap” that is Drill.Keep reading
For years now, the curiously named “Squiidape” blog has been a dominating news source for the french drill fans out there, represented by a handful of young France-based men who are obviously some of the biggest appreciators of the music.Keep reading
The Blixky’s recently lost beloved member Nickalus “Nick Blixky” Thompson – to much heartbreak from 22Gz and company. This is what he had going on before his tragic death at 21.Keep reading
An alleged failed kidnapping in Lexington, Kentucky is making the rounds on Reddit recently after a video circulated showing a frantic young girl being assisted with removing tape from her hands and head in the middle of a street.Keep reading
Fredo Bang continues to make noise in the rap game, but one of his partners is also coming up fast now. Mieyoshi “Lit Yoshi” Edwards is a Baton Rouge native and original TBG member just like Fredo, and he holds a similar amount of street-level influence (if not more).Keep reading
An alleged member of the Latino Chicago gang “Two Six” recently appeared for a digital court date over Zoom and exposed himself as a federal informant on the livestream. The judge among others quickly caught the man and gave him a stern notice that his court date was being broadcast on YouTube.Keep reading
Young Thug and the YSL crew are just a few of the rappers doing whippits lately, and fans are divided between upset and defensive regarding the new trend.Keep reading
Tianeptine is an unusual antidepressant with opioid activity that Michigan outlawed and Alabama is about to. Find out more about this widely available and addictive drug that even methadone therapy competes with on WeaponsG.com.Keep reading
WeaponsG.com dives deep into the presence of “perc 30s” and fentanyl in rap music: Lean and pills are compared dose-to-dose, and we explore just how often “percs” are not Percocets at all (+ much more).Keep reading
What is UrbanTrueCrime?
UrbanTrueCrime.com is a cutting edge and objective news source for urban crime in America. Giving you a direct insight into gang conflicts, drill culture, police corruption, and so on.
A specific goal for our content is to publicize the lesser-publicized. Coverage of things like criminal underworld stories, biographies on lesser known underworld figures/gangsters, and revisiting lesser known and forgotten cases.
Fans of A&E ‘s “The First 48”, this is the publication for you.
Who made UrbanTrueCrime.com? And who is operating / posting?
UrbanTrueCrime.com is entirely my brainchild – J. Chalupiak of Saskatchewan, Canada. I am an aspiring journalist and have been writing non-fiction for much of my life, and particularly begun specializing in urban true-crime in ~ 2017.
As of now, I am the sole owner-operator of the site.
What does the site post about?
UrbanTrueCrime.com launched originally in 2019 as Weapons Grade Viral Media (WeaponsG.com, a domain that expired in 2022), with intentions to cover primarily drill-rap related content. We were also a source for hip-hop news, new rap videos, and breaking current events + pop culture.
In 2021, the rebrand from Weapons Grade Viral Media to UrbanTrueCrime.com was initiated and finalized. We always prioritized credibility, which is more relevant now that we are a genuine digital news publication, rather than a blog.
Where do you source your content?
Aside rom resident research and analysis, the Submit page is the channel in place for readers to send in stories, requests, information, comments, questions or anything of that nature.
Does UrbanTrueCrime.com have a code of ethics?
Among the subject matters dealt with on this publication are: poverty, gang violence, black on black violence, racial violence. These are difficult issues to cover and monetize ethically.
We are “competitors” to sites that share a lot of graphic content (fights, knock-outs on the street, videos of muggings and shootings etc.) and while that content is easy to host and nets clicks, UrbanTrueCrime.com is trying hard not to represent that negativity in the culture as we portray it. We are an objective outlet for urban true crime stories- a haven for fair journalism, and a publication with an overall goal of challenging the societal norms within urban culture that lead to the demise of far too many men, women and children in the hood.
Where is UrbanTrueCrime.com based?
The prairies, Canada.