Vanessa Carlton might not have done her due diligence when she gave a response to her recent critics, after clearing “A Thousand Miles” sample for a real -life war anthem making several Florida mothers cry.
- Kiar Brown was charged in 2009 for killing Zachary Allmon. During Kiar arrest he claimed he did not have anything to do with the murder. Kiar is Gangster Disciple from the 50 Strong faction and Zackary is a Black P. Stone from the Moe Town faction.on 19th November 2022 at 12:10 pm
- (Chicago 2018) Helicopter footage shows 051 Montana (Antonio Brown) being detained by CPD on the day of Dooski’s (Vantrease Criss) funeral shooting. Wooski (Marvell Williams), pictured second from the left next to 051 PD, what shot in the head that day. He sustained brain trauma/ is still recoveringby /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 14th November 2022 at 12:40 am
- 2015 gang memorial for deceased Gangster Disciple named Remy Rel (Chicago / 16th and Karlov) surrounded by Remy Martin bottles. Credit u/Jahmoment312 for photo, source 🔽 in commentsby /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 10th November 2022 at 2:16 am
- Brother beats down sister baby daddyby /u/Civil_Tour_9119 on 8th November 2022 at 8:24 pm
- In 2018, ZackTV1 (legendary Chicago Journalist) was shot+killed while driving in Chicago. By 2019, CPD arrested several members of Perry Ave GDs for Zack’s murder. Eventually, all charges pertaining to Zack’s murder would be dropped. Prosecutors cited “mutual combat” and inconsistent witnessesby /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 8th November 2022 at 4:01 pm
- Narco’s home invasion gone wrong !!!by /u/Civil_Tour_9119 on 7th November 2022 at 9:39 am
- ATTORNEY ARRESTED: Hutch (hip-hop jeweler from Detroit) was allegedly murdered as part of a plot by his own attorney, with financial motives. 4 have been arrested in the plot, including area lawyer Marco Bisbikis, that saw Hutch being assassinated in his car as he left one of his stores.by /u/withdrawalsfrommusic on 6th November 2022 at 12:30 am
A member of 051 Young Money in Chicago disses his deceased rival by mocking the circumstances of his murder.Keep reading
Baton Rouge rapper and Fredo Bang affiliate Mieyoshi “Lit Yoshi” Edwards was arrested in his hometown recently, accused of two shootings that injured five people (including two children).Keep reading
Before his now successful rap career, King Von was proud of his gun-slinging.Keep reading
This is the true story of the Richmond TV fairy, one of the most bizarre “criminals” to strike Virginia in recent times. Over 70 people have been inconvenienced since 2018.Keep reading
Unfortunate circumstances for Lil Durk, King Von and Bay Zoo: All continue to face serious charges for a shooting in Midtown Atlanta.Keep reading
With the recent successes of artists like Fivio Foreign and Pop Smoke, the drill subculture of rap music is seeing a major upswing. Read more about how you can tap in to the underground world of 2020 “gangster rap” that is Drill.Keep reading
For years now, the curiously named “Squiidape” blog has been a dominating news source for the french drill fans out there, represented by a handful of young France-based men who are obviously some of the biggest appreciators of the music.Keep reading
The Blixky’s recently lost beloved member Nickalus “Nick Blixky” Thompson – to much heartbreak from 22Gz and company. This is what he had going on before his tragic death at 21.Keep reading
An alleged failed kidnapping in Lexington, Kentucky is making the rounds on Reddit recently after a video circulated showing a frantic young girl being assisted with removing tape from her hands and head in the middle of a street.Keep reading
Fredo Bang continues to make noise in the rap game, but one of his partners is also coming up fast now. Mieyoshi “Lit Yoshi” Edwards is a Baton Rouge native and original TBG member just like Fredo, and he holds a similar amount of street-level influence (if not more).Keep reading
An alleged member of the Latino Chicago gang “Two Six” recently appeared for a digital court date over Zoom and exposed himself as a federal informant on the livestream. The judge among others quickly caught the man and gave him a stern notice that his court date was being broadcast on YouTube.Keep reading
Young Thug and the YSL crew are just a few of the rappers doing whippits lately, and fans are divided between upset and defensive regarding the new trend.Keep reading
Tianeptine is an unusual antidepressant with opioid activity that Michigan outlawed and Alabama is about to. Find out more about this widely available and addictive drug that even methadone therapy competes with on WeaponsG.com.Keep reading
WeaponsG.com dives deep into the presence of “perc 30s” and fentanyl in rap music: Lean and pills are compared dose-to-dose, and we explore just how often “percs” are not Percocets at all (+ much more).Keep reading
What is UrbanTrueCrime?
UrbanTrueCrime.com is a cutting edge and objective news source for urban crime in America. Giving you a direct insight into gang conflicts, drill culture, police corruption, and so on.
A specific goal for our content is to publicize the lesser-publicized. Coverage of things like criminal underworld stories, biographies on lesser known underworld figures/gangsters, and revisiting lesser known and forgotten cases.
Fans of A&E ‘s “The First 48”, this is the publication for you.
Who made UrbanTrueCrime.com? And who is operating / posting?
UrbanTrueCrime.com is entirely my brainchild – J. Chalupiak of Saskatchewan, Canada. I am an aspiring journalist and have been writing non-fiction for much of my life, and particularly begun specializing in urban true-crime in ~ 2017.
As of now, I am the sole owner-operator of the site.
What does the site post about?
UrbanTrueCrime.com launched originally in 2019 as Weapons Grade Viral Media (WeaponsG.com, a domain that still leads here), with intentions to cover primarily drill related content. We were also a source for hip-hop news, new rap videos, and breaking current events + pop culture.
In 2021, the rebrand from Weapons Grade Viral Media to UrbanTrueCrime.com was initiated and finalized. We always prioritized credibility, which is more relevant now that we are a genuine digital news publication (rather than a blog).
Where do you source your content?
Aside rom resident research and analysis, the Submit page is the channel in place for readers to send in stories, requests, information, comments, questions or anything of that nature.
Does UrbanTrueCrime.com have a code of ethics?
Among the subject matters dealt with on this publication are: poverty, gang violence, black on black violence, racial violence. These are difficult issues to cover and monetize ethically.
We are “competitors” to sites that share a lot of graphic content (fights, knock-outs on the street, videos of muggings and shootings etc.) and while that content is easy to host and nets clicks, UrbanTrueCrime.com is trying hard not to represent that negativity in the culture as we portray it. We are an objective outlet for urban true crime stories- a haven for fair journalism, and a publication with an overall goal of challenging the societal norms within urban culture that lead to the demise of far too many men, women and children in the hood.
Where is UrbanTrueCrime.com based?
The prairies, Canada.